Course and Costs

HG/PG Courses and Costs

As a novice you will normally start with a taster day course.

If you know the sport is for you then you will start with the 5 day Elementary Pilot course EP £550. After you have completed your EP you can buy your own Hang-glider or Paraglider with our guidance and move on to our Club pilot course £650.

Elementary and Club pilot paragliding course with Flight equipment deal £3550. How it works. At the start of your course you pay £3550. You then undertake your EP and CP course with your own flight equipment. Nova Susi or Macpara Progress paraglider, Macpara Manix harness, B cool helmet.

Taster (including BHPA membership)
Elementary Pilot Up to 5 days Instruction
Club Pilot Up to 5 days Instruction after EP
Hang Gliding
 One day : £135 Five days : £550 Per day : £200
Two day : £260 Four days : £520  Gear : £100 pd
 One day : £135 Five days : £550 Five day : £650
Two day : £260 Four days : £520
Speed Gliding
 One day : £135 Five days : £550 Five day : £650
 Two day: £260 Four days : £520
Group Discount
Three or more please ring Three or more please ring.

BHPA membership is compulsory when you learn to fly with us or any other schools or clubs affiliated to the BHPA. The cost of the BHPA membership is included in the price of 1 and 2 day taster, however the other courses do not include BHPA membership.

You must  join the BHPA for 3 months £84 or 1 year £128 during your training. When you are qualified full annual membership is £106 per year.

CP Pilots can purchase or hire flight equipment from us £100 per day. It may be possible to use your own flight equipment once it has been inspected and approved by us for your use in the school, The inspection fee is usually £100.

Personal insurance available from the BHPA insurance Bureau.

Foreign Flying courses. We offer a autumn and spring EP and CP course in Spain  on demand.  As a qualified club pilot you can come and have fun in the sun on a mountain experience course. Paraglider France, Paraglide Turkey, Paraglide Greece , Paraglide Spain.

The BHPA Club pilot rating is not the end, If you want to fly cross country from cloud to cloud you will need to pass your BHPA Pilot rating. You may want to qualify for tandem Paragliding or foot launched powered Paragliding flight.This can be done in the club environment or with us at the DFC. Finally, once you have gained the required experience you can take the Advanced Pilot exam. The highest pilot rating and a level to aspire to!failogo01n

Comments are closed